Wednesday 27 June 2007

week 2.2



We only have two days left, but we should be OK. I very badly over-estimated the amount of material we'd need, so there are great piles of flooring chipboard and old fencing left over, all cut into strips. I rather lament this waste of energy and resources, but I'm not sure how I could have estimated more accurately. I have begun to go back over the completed area to remove extraneous struts, as I now realise this is the best way to get the thinness of support I was looking for - plan in too many struts so it's solid while it's undergoing the stress of building, then remove half of them. I can't remove as much as I'd like, but the thinning-out is very satisfying - like the chinese game in which you keep removing sticks until the structure falls.

No comments: