Friday 22 June 2007

week 1.2



We've completed the first week of building. We began by building the small low section on the near side of the K/T boundary. This means I have a good idea of the surface and how to build it while we plot in the graph lines onto the floor... which takes far longer than I had anticipated. The main difficulty has been the scaffolding to support the structure. I'd like it to be as thin and spindly as possible, but it also needs to be robust enough to hold the huge weight of material at aver three meters. After some trials and prevarication I decide to err on the side of caution. I call Andy and together we build something a bit stronger than the wooden structures you find in adventure playgrounds... Still, by the end of the first week we have the whole length plotted, most of the materials processed into the right sized strips, and most of the scaffolding in. maybe, I think to myself, just maybe we'll finish on time.

No comments: